
We rarely get to go out to a sit in restaurant so when we do it's really nice. Don't you love going out to eat? Of course you do! There's no cooking involved (for you to do), yummy drinks, someone to wait on you, you don't have to clean anything up and you can sit back, relax and enjoy some pleasant, sometimes private conversation. Right? Um...well usually until you get some couple that wants to sit RIGHT next to you while you eat, drink and talk. Soooo annoying! Here we are in a huge restaurant with plenty of open, clean tables, the waiter goes to sit a couple of ladies down at one and they choose to sit at a different one RIGHT NEXT TO US!!! Literally right next to us, our purses were even touching! (major eye roll) And I obviously wasn't the only one annoyed by this b/c even my 3 year old says, (in a very loud voice I might add) "Mama, why are they sitting right by us?". Ok so usually that kind of stuff embarrasses me but today I was all about letting him say that as loud as he wanted to. "I don't know honey, go ahead and keep eating please.", I responded.
To make it even worse they were the kind of diners that don't have an ongoing conversation of their own but rather would enjoy listening to OURS! Give me a friggin break! So at one point one of the ladies said, in a rather loud, listen to me kind of voice, "I love sitting next to people in restaurants...". OMG! Well not everyone enjoys having someone sit pretty much at their table while trying to enjoy their lunch or dinner. There were like 5 other tables around us that were empty and clean. Why couldn't they have sat there instead of practically in our laps?
Now I used to work as a server/hostess so believe me I know how the seating thing goes. This table goes to this server, the next one goes to this other one and so on. BUT I also know that sometimes when YOU'RE seating someone they decided that the table you have chosen for them for a specific reason (change of servers, quieter area, clean tables, ect.) isn't good enough or up to their standards and they decide then where THEY want to sit. If that was an option people there would be a large sign that read, "Please go ahead and seat yourself wherever you damn well please." IF there's NOT one there then please let the host/hostess seat you where THEY are supposed to! Sorry if I'm sounding bitchy but that kind of stuff just drives me crazy. I wouldn't go to their job and tell them what to do. 'Ummm....excuse me Dr. Sit-wherever-you-want, you're totally doing that surgery wrong! Let me help you with that! Scalpel!' I DON'T THINK SO! Errrr....
Ok so my point of this whole story is that it drives me crazy to have someone sit so close to me in a restaurant, NOT sit where the host wanted them to, listen to other people's conversations and so on. Maybe I should have helped her cut her food since she was practically at my table and acting like a rude child anyway. After you have three kids anyway one or two more doesn't feel like a big deal...I could've dealt with it. (wink wink) lol
2 comments:
funny story...it really bothers me when ppl do that! i can't stand when ppl do that at a movie, when there are CLEARLY plenty of other seats! I LIKE MY SPACE! hopefully next time will be more pleasant!
LOVE the new blog! talk to you soon!
Great blog stef! I love it. Great job!
Post a Comment