Saturday, December 6, 2008

Techi Diva, HP and Microsoft Giveaway Entry

This is my BIGGEST giveaway wish!!!! Techi Diva has teamed up with HP and Microsoft to do a HP Magic Giveaway worth $6000! Can you stand it? In this giveaway there will be one winner, announced on December 12th, that will receive:

~HP TouchSmart IQ816 PC
~HP HDX 18 series Premium Notebook PC
~HP MediaSmart Connect
~HP Pavilion dv4 series Entertainment Notebook PC (with Windows Live)
~HP Mini 1000 (with XP)
~HP Photosmart C6380 Wireless AIO (printer)
~Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate/Home Premium or Microsoft Windows XP pre-installed on all units (Mini 1000 runs XP)
~Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (Student-Teacher Edition) – 1 DVD with 3 licenses
~Microsoft Windows Live
~Corel VideoStudio X2
~HP 564 Photo Value Pak
~Kung Fu Panda (1 widescreen DVD; 1 widescreen Blu-ray disc)

all for free! This is only offered to ONE lucky winner though so the winner may share or not; whatever they choose.

I am planning on getting student loans to go back to college this coming year and my computer that I have is a complete piece so a notebook would be perfect for me. I didn't get to finish college because I got married and pregnant when I was 19 and decided to be a stay at home mom because I couldn't imagine leaving my child with anyone. I have three kids ages 7, 3 and 20 months and all three have health issues ranging from ADD/ADHD, multiple surgeries, numerous bad allergies, GI enzyme deficiencies and all 3 of them with possible SPD (Sensory Processing Disorder). And my oldest is the only one in full day school. Getting a sitter or taking them to daycare is completely out of the question because we cannot afford it and, again, I don't trust my kids with anyone. And my dear husband works 2 jobs and is never home so going to school when he is home, which again is never, is also not possible. Not only that but with my kids' health issues I wouldn't feel right or safe leaving them. So my only option to going back to school is doing online courses. But doing online courses on this computer would be very difficult. It's old, slow and in our basement so I wouldn't be able to care for my children and study at the same time.

The computer I have is from 2000 and doesn't work very well. I've been wanting a new one for forever but cannot afford to buy one. We currently have over $3000 of medical bills that we cannot afford to pay just from the past 8 months. So buying a computer is nowhere in our near future! So if I won I would keep one of the notebooks, the printer, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 and one of the Kung Fu Panda DVDs for my kids. The other notebook I would give to my mom. She does Genealogy and doesn't have her own computer so I know this would be a great gift for her instead of using my sister's computer or going to the library every time she needs/wants to do something. She and my dad have helped us out more than I can tell you over the years and I know I will never be able to pay them back. This would make me feel better; to give my mom something that she cannot get and I know would love.

My sister is on the board of our local Santa's Helpers and I know there are many more mothers and fathers that want to go back to school but cannot afford it. So the rest of the gifts would be hand delivered by me to them on Christmas morning. I would also take my oldest daughter to deliver the Kung Fu Panda DVD to one of the kids whose parent was receiving one of the computers. I would love to see the joy on someones face at such a wonderful gift. And I really want my daughter to understand that even though we have it bad and we cannot afford to buy her and her brother and sister things that there are people out there that are worse off then we are. I want her to learn about charity and kindness. I want her to see the look on these kids' faces when "Santa" comes to deliver their gifts to them in person on Christmas morning. I want her to see how bad some other kids have it; it's not just our family.

So you see, if I won this contest there would be 5-6 families in need that would be receiving these items. I really hope that I win but if I don't then I hope that someone else who needs these things wins it and appreciates it. Good luck to everyone entering!

No comments: